The book series break medical jargon down to everyday language to teach symptoms, causes, risk factors, diagnosis, stages, and prevention for 16 dementia categories. Alzheimer's is the most prevalent dementia, but only one. When you finish this series, you will understand the differences between Alzheimer's and the other dementia types.
Behavioral Variant Dementia (bvFTD), book 2 concentrates on the most prevalent frontotemporal dementia.
Primary Progressive Aphasia (PPA), book 3 is a frontotemporal dementia that attacks language skills.
Parkinson's Disease Dementia (PDD), book 5 is a Lewy body dementia that begins as Parkinson's disease.
1. Alzheimer’s disease
2. Dementia with Lewy bodies/DLB
3. Parkinson’s disease dementia/PDD
4. Buerger’s disease
5. Intestinal ischemic syndrome
6. Peripheral artery disease
7. Popliteal entrapment syndrome
8. Raynaud’s phenomenon
9. Renal artery disease
10. Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia (bvFTD)
11. Parkinson's Disease Dementia (PDD)
12. Normal pressure hydrocephalus
15. Huntington’s disease
16. LATE (the newest dementia)
17. Mixed dementia