Although dementia strikes 1 of 6 Americans, and 1 of 3 seniors worldwide, the medical condition remains misunderstood.
Did you know there are 14 dementias?
1. Alzheimer’s disease
2. Dementia with Lewy bodies/DLB
3. Parkinson’s disease dementia/PDD
4. Buerger’s disease
5. Intestinal ischemic syndrome
6. Peripheral artery disease
7. Popliteal entrapment syndrome
8. Raynaud’s phenomenon
9. Renal artery disease
10. Normal pressure hydrocephalus
11. Frontotemporal dementia
14. Huntington’s disease
15. Mixed dementia
*People often develop multiple dementias.
The 14 types take many paths to reach dementia, not a disease but a medical condition. Often referred to as the "old folks disease," some forms attack children, young adults, the middle age people—those in the prime of their lives.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.